View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #147
Shreddy

Default I've held on for a while...

Went to the New Woodshed NYE 2017 with a group of four (myself included). We sat in the dining room, had drinks, wine, good dinner, and good service. Overall very impressed with everything and the bill (I think a little over $400) was justified. Overall experience, probably an 8.8/10 due to good company, good service, good drinks, good food, and good ambiance.

Flash forward to NYE 2018. Went in and the dining room was not full, but as a group of 2 we were told we could sit in the bar area. Less than ideal, but still nice. We had drinks, a bottle of wine, and didn't cheap out on food. One of the specials was a beef wellington that the server encouraged me to order because they were running out soon and I could reserve mine. Naturally, I ordered it. Scale of 1-10 that beef wellington was probably a 2. It looked and tasted as if it was microwaved but came on the bill as an astounding $45 (was shocked with this one which is why I posted, to relate to the comment above about the petit filet for $35). The server asked, I gave my $.02 but I chose not to really complain. It is what it is, things happen, not every dinner is perfect. Regardless, the damage was done. The bill was about $250 for the two of us for a very subpar experience. We agreed we would not be back for a while and would prefer Buckeys instead Overall experience, probably a 3/10 mainly based on good company but big downgrade on service, food, and ambiance (being forced to the pub).

To each their own on this. I have no issue spending on dinner, but at least make it worth it.