View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #47
NoBozo

I presume everybody is thinking about the economy.... maybe as an observer....or maybe as a participent. My earlier post mentions the MPs apparent crack down on complience, which may deter boaters from coming out. It certainly deters me...especially when I think that every time I go out on the lake it will cost me $20 an hour for gas. That's at $5 per gallon..at 4 GPH.

I get to "Run The Gauntlet" with the MP....AND.. spend $20 an hour to do so. Why would any reasonable person want to do that?

Come summer, the marinas have got all their boats in the water. Now their income comes from "casual" maintenence, and GAS sales. Nobody comes out....no gas sales.

Does this combination of MP crack downs and high gas prices seem to be a good formula for the Local Economy? I don't think the marinas selling gas are going to be gouging anybody this summer. On the contrary, I think they may even sell gas at near cost....just to get people out on the lake.

This is not an attack on the rank and file in the MP...They have their orders. Just wondering. NoBozo
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote