View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #152
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
No ill intent to you at all. I am happy that you posted the FaceBook message. It shows what strange thinking goes in the minds of some people.

How someone can be responsible for the longevity of that eyesore and call other people "local natsy's" [sic] really is hard to understand.

I am within 1,500 feet of that place. I have been trying to sell on and off for two years and the feedback from my broker is potential buyers are concerned about the rundown look of that burnt out building near the bridge and its negative impact on the general area.
If I were as close as 1500 feet, I get together with neighbors and abutters, and sit in on City Council meetings, AND then during every "citizen input" time on the agenda bring the subject up for discussion in minutes of the meeting. It is beyond my understanding that an insurance provider and the State Fire Inspectors and the Courts can drag their feet so long.

Have a look at the fire damage in Meredith on Dover Street: No more than four days after the fire they are in their performing the inspection & clean-up process.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote