View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #112
no-engine

Thanks for the Karl's site story, which I had forgotten.
Let me add about the Lobster Pound site, especially up hill portion.
It goes unused and ugly all year, till a week before bike week when tent set up starts. When all set ups are done, I am so discouraged, since it's impossible to see that a restaurant exists!!! The Lobster Pound sign is totally obstructed! I tried to communicate that observation to the business via their website, to no avail two years ago.

The entire area looks like it could pass for a municipal transfer station (formerly referred to as the dump): this trash goes here and that used item goes over there, all waiting for recycling by third party businesses. The site is deplorable from the street! It's not inviting at all.

In Meredith, the Hart's and Harley dealer property still maintain their identity.

I think it will be difficult to design a business on the roundabout edge; I can't imagine planners approving new accesses directly to the roundabout, BUT I like the thinking in some recent posts. We can wait and see, if some group will reveal creativity in design, of which I am not.

I hope the open site downhill from Cumberland's will not become another tent/vendor city, or a mobile home/RV park, or a storage unit rental site. Maybe we'll see something attractive and useful year round.

One personal 2¢.
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote