View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
JG1222

Default Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: When I was a kid (admittedly, back when my judgment wasn’t nearly as good), I did indeed spray-paint my initials in a discreet location in an effort to “forever leave my mark” on my favorite place in the entire world – Lake Winnipesaukee. I freely admit it (as I’m fairly confident that the statute of limitations has long since expired). It was wrong. I regret it. I would not do it again. I would strongly discourage anyone from committing this or similar acts. I in no way condone illegal activity. However, none of this changes the fact that I did it, and I’m willing to bet that others have done similar things in life – things that they may or may not regret as much, but certainly make for good stories many years later. Stories that when shared, bring back fond memories of a time when things were much simpler, responsibilities were not nearly as great as they are now, and summers lasted forever. The true intent of this thread is to evoke those memories.

Now, there are those of us that will not have the ability to discern between a non-malicious act of youthful indiscretion (such as carving your initials in a tree) and a malicious act (cutting down the entire tree and pulling it across the road for cars to avoid). For those people, I would say that this thread is probably not the thread for you.

I also realize that there will be an uncontrollable and undeniable urge for some of us to express our disdain for such heinous crimes. Some will post the obvious, like “spray-painting is BAD”, or the ridiculous, like “this will only let our youth know that it’s OK”. In either case, I appreciate the contribution. However, I’d like to keep the thread that I started on-subject for those of us who can put aside the “rampant criminality” of skinny dipping and see that the memories and story surrounding the act is the real purpose of the thread.

Last edited by JG1222; 07-22-2006 at 09:17 AM.
JG1222 is offline   Reply With Quote