View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroMan View Post
I'm glad people enjoyed the show. I've been the assigned shooter for Alton Bay & Center Harbor on the 3rd & 4th for the last 4 or 5 years, and do the New Years in Meredith (as well as a score of other shows around NH). It stunk having Alton postpone, as we where *just* heading out the door leaving from Atlas up to Alton Bay to set up when we got the call it was postponed. It did make it easier to get the Center Harbor show on the 4th ready, as we went to our hotel on the 3rd in preparation for Ctr Harbor.

{snip}

See you on New Years on the Big Lake, unless I inherit the August show in Alton!

Marc
Let me 2'nd AW ... a great show. All of us a bit up the bay from the beach really like the show off the barge from it's present location. We don't even have to take the boat out now, we can sit on the docks and watch. This year the Moon (from our location) was right in the middle of the show. Would have made for some great pics but I put the dSLR aside this year so I could just sit and watch. Hopefully DRH or UTS or McDude got some pics.

I'm curious about your last comment ... Does Alton hire a different company to do the Olde Home Days show or is it just someone else in the company who does it ?

And since I'm asking ... how many shells of how many types go into a show like Alton's ? There were some neat, almost stop motion effects that I'm not quite describing correctly.