View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
kjbathe

Thumbs up Online registration is an excellent idea

I'd even be willing to pay a small "fee" for the privilege of paying online. And while your question may not be one for Marine Patrol to answer because the DMV handles registrations, it did spark an idea.

Wouldn't it be cool if Marine Patrol embarked on it's own clandestine operation to develop said online registration system? Then it could cut out town clerks, other agents, and most importantly, the DMV itself and keep those local agent fees for itself. The money could then go right to the source.

I know, I know.... manpower, budget, expertise, charter, DMV rules, blah blah blah... there are thousands of reasons why this won't happen. BUT! It would be kind of cool if we could eliminate all the interim parties and have the fees funnel directly to Marine Patrol without anyone else skimming off the top.

In the interim, I'll still register with Gator Signs. Good people, local business, open Saturdays when the Town Clerk's Office is not, and I don't have to feed Concord (as much) in the process.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote