View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 PM   #9
Island Girl

Default Lifetime of Memories

My parents built a little house on a lake in MA beginning when I was 6 years old. We left for that house the day school got out and came home the day before school started. We lived an hour away when I was little, then about half an hour away when I was a teenager.

The little house on the lake gets rented out each winter for 9-10 months, often to local teachers or other seasonal people. That always paid for the house and its upkeep.

My dad commuted the extra time to work and took two weeks off in the middle of the summer. We were lucky as my Mom did not work outside the house.

Growing up on the water was the most wonderful way to live. We played in the water, fished, took the boat out and explored the woods all summer long. We had summer friends who also lived there. Cousins visited each weekend which was great fun. When my dad came home he took us waterskiing. I treasure those memories. I also learned a lot since my Dad was building the house while we lived there.

We still have that house on the little lake and my grandchildren are now collecting memories with their cousins.

I have my own place on an island in Winnipesaukee. Growing up with boats... having my own just seemed a natural transition in my later life. It is my little piece of heaven and worth the money. It is very modest but provides as beautiful scenery as a multi million dollar property.

We rented on Winnipesaukee for two weeks in 1999 and immediately signed up to rent the house for two weeks the following summer. While riding around we saw this little camp for sale and moved in 30 days later. Best decision ever!!!

Good Luck with your decision

IG

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote