View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #68
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts
Default Cobalt down

Started scanning at 7am today. SeaTow met up with me with two boats shortly thereafter. Great guys-know their stuff-persistent. Two salvage divers on board one SeaTow boat, one diver with a rebreather. Scanned 7am to 6:45pm. About a dozen possibles. Divers hit about 5 of them, down to perhaps 128. Deepest scanned depth by me in target area-144 feet. Topography flat for the most part and accomodating, vs. hard rock-this is big help. Mud bottom offers very good contrast against a fiberglass hull. Really tough to scan that deep with my unit, flag it accurately, and send divers down. Viz at 128 feet about 15 feet. Also difficult to narrow down area of sinking from information provided but SeaTow has a good idea-folks are helpful. MP ran defense for us most of the day-thanks MP.

You will see various types of flags & floats east of Rattlesnake in the work area-often overnight. Some go all the way over to the other shore. These are shore-to-shore line-of-sight markers for our scan runs. Please leave all of them-they are not flotsam. Thanks.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote