View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #17
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover
ITD

Your being silly now.

Go back and read my two posts in that thread again. Then perhapsd you should look up the word sarcasm.

You are correct that I wouldn't joke about it. People are dying, HB162 is life and death to future boaters. There is nothing funny about that.

Accident reconstruction experts testify in court that the speed was 28 mph. You responce is...

"There is one THEORY that the collision occurred at 28 mph (?) THIS IS NOT PROOF, it is a theory, impossible to prove, a guess, probably wrong."

Ah, now we've graduated from stupid to "least intelligent" to "silly". Maybe we'll get to data that supports your position.

Accident reconstruction experts testify on information garnered from an accident scene. They "theorize" based upon their best "guess" as to what happened. This is not fact or hard science, it is an opinion given by an expert. Furthermore, if we accept that number as fact, it is well within the tolerance of most boat speedometers, in other words the boat speedo may well have read 25 mph, your speed limit, and the accident still occurred.

Since we're talking theories here, I theorize that had the victim's boat been travelling 10 mph faster, say 38 mph, the accident would have never happened. Flies in the face of your speed limit.

"People are dying", once again you speak in generalities bordering on untruths. I search and I look trying to do your job for you and I can't find all these people who have died on Winni. because of speeds greater than your speed limit. Once again you are wrong....

Pay attention Senators.......