Thread: Lost Our Loons
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2023, 01:50 PM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
TLC does what every animal conservation society does, they try and learn more about the animals, one way the do so is by banding an tracking animals just like any other animal conservation society.... In general it is not a good practice to trap wild animals just to track them, end of story period. It causes them stress and anxiety, and can lead to adults abandoning off spring..... If they felt they need to tag the second adult they could have waited..... I am sorry if you feel offended that I would call out the TLC on a bad practice, but it is what it is....

If you think I am against the TLC well then your dead wrong.... I have and do feed them information when prudent based on the discoveries my wife and I find well observing loons all over the lake.... Just because I support them doesn't mean I have to agree with all of their practices....
I'm not offended, and I didn't think you were against anything but the banding.

My only point was that the OP hasn't got an official answer or explanation and that I think TLC has done enough good to wait out the answer or assume the best.

I would do the same if someone posted a question or complaint about any other good organization/restaurant/business.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: