View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
Last night as I was informing Ms. HC of the auction we thought of all the likely restaurant buyers that would be able to purchase (at the right price) this type of restaurant and make it better and we both thought of Alex Ray and Common Man.....we eat in CM restaurants frequently and find them priceworthy, and usually quite full when we are there. There are probably the usual detractors when it comes to CM but how many of them have closed and gone to auction lately?
It is certainly possible, but I hope that is not the case. The Common Man Group has become a chain of decent restaurants (I do eat there) that are well run and managed. I would hate to see the Woodshed kitchen work under the direction of a "corporate" executive chef.

I am sad, I live very close to the Woodshed and I eat there once and even twice a week typically. I like Kirk and Paige and think it is a great place.I have not talked with them yet but I also believe the Woodshed will survive mostly intact. They are busy- like everyone else, mid-week off season is tough. But weekends and all summer... slammed. I will be going in tonite and may be able to report more if they want me too.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote