View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #50
NoBozo

Just got back from two weeks plus..at the lake today and I read this thread.

BEFORE we left for the lake, I was was watching the WolfeCam a little after NOON..on a day which I can't recall... and The Mount was "sitting" there at the pier at Wolfeboro with no one apparently aboard...and un-moving. The Mount is usually gone from there at 1130 AM.

During our vacation, we learned that the Mount was Aground at the dock for awhile while a large number of charter passengers were either dis- embarked..OR moved to another position on the ship to change the weight distribution...or something.

Maybe four days ago I was observing the Mount approach the dock at Wolfeboro. She made what I thought was a wide approach and couldn't make it in close enough to "walk" the stern over to the aft "dolphin". She had the bow and spring lines ashore..and the gangway aboard. No Go.

She aborted the operation..tossed off all lines and the gangway and backed out into the bay. The second attempt was successful. (There was a Senior Captain aboard.) I have spoken with him in the past. He reminds me of the last Master Chief I served with in the navy. Completely competent.

My assessment was ..Maybe there was a "Captain in Training" at the Con.........OR... a berm under the boat. (Low Water). They could not get the boat to "Walk" over to the "Dolphin".

Just an observation from an old Navy man. NB

Last edited by NoBozo; 10-03-2016 at 06:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post: