View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #52
codeman671

I do not agree that its a fad. It is the future. The sun is not going away, if it does we all will be in a different place...

The cost of the technology is getting progressively cheaper, within a few years I think it will be much more affordable for the average consumer. At some point the rebates and incentives will diminish, however the cost per solar generated KW will decrease as well putting it well below the power companies, which are only increasing their rates and will continue to do so as people look to feed the grid with their own generated power. Some companies are starting to charge a grid maintenance fee to grid-tied solar providers/consumers.

Panels are becoming more efficient, and new ways of focusing/channeling the sunlight to increase panel output are in the works. I am hoping for new technology in storage such as better batteries so that you can go off-grid easier and to scale. The batteries needed to power a 5000 square foot house these days would make you go broke just setting it up.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote