View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 10:29 PM   #11
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default We've found a friend

A.P.S. Pepper is right, it is a pair of thingees back to back on which you can hang bird feeders or flower pots or whatevers, and the black round thing keeps the squirrels from climbing up. What it doesn't do is stop the black bear from bending the doggone thing up like a pretzel!!! Hence the lean after the man of steel got done straightening it out.

My buddy is still around...check out the tracks...I got a pretty close look and at least the head and neck area lead me to think he is actually a she. I don't think it is a "jake" or young male. It went up into a tree next to the house in early afternoon to roost...impressive sight to see. picture really doesn't do it justice. At dark it was up in a tree behind the house. Evidently it likes the neighborhood...sunflower seeds on the ground, trees in which to roost, water in the stream from which to drink, and a big yard in which to deposit Turkey Dookie (great phrase, Grant!). The latter is darn near the size of Goose Dookie and just as plentiful... Just glad cows don't fly!!!!!!!!

Last edited by upthesaukee; 01-16-2005 at 10:33 PM.
upthesaukee is online now   Reply With Quote