View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #13
Tired of Waiting

Default Fair wear and tare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJane View Post
We made an initial security deposit our first year, and since we were coming back, they kept it, to apply to the next year. It was understood that we would always have that last week of July. I received an email a while after we were there last year claiming that there was some kind of mark or scratch on the fridge, and they asked what kind of cleaning product I used. I told them I only used the stainless steel product that they provided there, and a soft cloth that I brought from home. There were a few dents/ scratches when I arrived. I did not add any more. I pride myself on taking very good care of any property that I rent. I always leave it clean, bring all my own soap, paper goods, sheets, etc. One of the reasons this is bothering me is because I am so conscientious and careful of other's property. And also, they are keeping my security deposit, and just told me at this late date that they're not renting anymore.
It would have been nice to know that sooner than late May. So...maybe the lesson here is to use a rental agency.

We had a rental house and scratches and small dents fall un fair wear and tare. If the damage causes the item to not function then they may have reason to keep your money.

Like others have said contact the Attorney General's Office.

ToW
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote