View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
cillovely

I'm renting for my 6th summer this year. And that sucks, they should have told you back in January that they were not going to rent. The place I rented last year went up for sale and the guy actually emailed us to see if we might be interested.

But like the others I'm confused as to which security deposit they held. If it was last years, they should have told you right away about the fridge. And given some sort of proof. My security deposits always come back within two weeks. Never had any problem with anybody I've rented from, and I've gotten emails thanking me for how clean I left the place.

If it's this years then you should get that back. It would almost be like they are looking to get any extra money they can. Did you have any contract with them? If you do, I would almost recommend taking them to court. Even if it's a PITA to appear if you don't live close by. I had a deposit with a place last year, this was going to be our third straight year at that place, but we got a dog and she didn't allow them. She sent me back my deposit right away.

And going forward maybe rent from a real estate agency so things are better covered. This is my first year going that route. Bay Side Rentals is who I'm using.
cillovely is offline   Reply With Quote