View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #44
Winnipesaukee Divers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
I am finding it difficult to remain silent with this discussion. I recommend that ALL those who have posted here (and listened here) to go to your local LIBRARY and find "Chapman's.. Seamanship and Small Boat Handling".

Look up Moorings.

Those who are promoting Stainless Steel for a mooring are likely Selling Stainless Steel. Stainless Steel is not cheap and is completely UNNECESSARY for a mooring. NB

Hello Mr. Bozo.

Looks like you missed something here in the conversation... We're talking about moorings here on Lake Winnipesaukee not Manhasset Bay, NY. I'll say it again I service 50 moorings per year; some are in Kittery, ME some are in Portsmouth, NH some are in Newbury Port, MA but most are here on the lake. I get to see firsthand what works best for each location. The lake has a high acid content which eats up steel components at an accelerated rate. I highly recommend the use of S/S or like it says in Chapman you need to pull it for inspection every year or so.

BTW: Did you also miss the part where I said I do underwater investigations for insurance companies. Guess why they want a detailed evaluation of the failed ground tackle?

One last comment: I'm not in the business selling stainless steel, I sell diving services. This old expression applies here: You can pay me now or pay me later...
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnipesaukee Divers For This Useful Post: