View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #35
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Thanks, Skip! I won't miss an opportunity to thank Skip and his brothers at arms for their service to this country.

Back to sound testing, I've made the point before that the laws are sporadically enforced and troublesome even if enforced. I really think the dealers should be held more accountable for the boats they sell. How often is this law enforced?

270:38 Certification of Marine Engines. – Any marine engine manufactured after December 31, 1976 and offered for sale in this state shall be certified to the director as having been tested and found not to exceed the noise levels prescribed in RSA 270:37, I. An outboard motor shall be certified by the motor manufacturer. Any other marine engine shall be certified by the boat manufacturer if it is offered for sale in combination with a boat or by the engine manufacturer if it is not offered for sale in combination with a boat.
So any boat manufactured before 1976 are not certified at all?? No wonder the old classics are noisy. There is an old late 60's small Cigarette around the Welch Island area that is really noisy!