View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #81
Evenstar

Cool

Quote:
Will you give it a rest already. I never attacked you. You absolutely can not stand it when anyone disagrees with you so you get all defensive and cry attack?
I have no problem when people disagree with me – that’s called debating. The problem is that too many members here - like you, can’t seem to debate anything without resorting to personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with them – and THAT I do have a problem with.

You falsely accused me of lying, again. You completely misunderstood what I posted – even though I made the distinction very clear. And even after I had pointed out what I actually wrote. That is very much a personal attack. Before accusing someone of lying, you really should make sure that they actually posted what you think they posted.

Quote:
This post in itself is an absolute personal attack. A LAWSUIT?!? Are you for real. I have not once spoken an untruth about you.
You have repeatedly called me a liar, even though I provided clear evidence that proved that I didn’t lie. Your act was intentional, it was done with malice, and you did it on a public forum – which makes it libel (I mistakenly used the definition for slander earlier – I make mistakes when I get upset).

Quote:
You posted a while back about a close call on Squam. Whether he saw you before he violated your 150 foot zone or not or unintentionally or intentionally came at you was not referenced in any of my posts. You pointed to a 40MPH limit on Squam as the reason nobody ever infringed upon your 150foot zone. I used YOUR WORDS to remind you that in fact it had happened to you.
What you did is take my words out of context to use them against me. I NEVER stated that no one on Squam ever infringed on my 150 foot zone. I clearly stated that no one on Squam has UNINTENTIONALLY ever violated my 150 foot zone – BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T SEE ME. That is not the same thing as what you have now repeatedly accused me of posting! Read my post – and read my entire post this time.

If you and others think that I’m coming across as “smug and or arrogant,” perhaps that is due to that fact that I have to provide credentials for every single ability, for every bit of experience, and for every statement that I make on this forum. I am not a smug or arrogant person. I can not even make a helpful post or make a joke without someone here criticizing me.

You blatantly attacked me by calling me a liar again and demanding that I be moderated for my actions – and then you tell me to “give it a rest!!!” If you would just back off and quit attacking my posts and falsely accusing me, I wouldn’t have to spend nearly as much time defending myself here. I am “the victim” because people like you have made me “the victim.” I am not playing anything – but have merely tried to defend myself from some really hostile attacks, that I don’t feel like I deserved. You seem to wait around for me to post just to rip my posts apart – and whenever anyone else criticizes me, you are one of the first ones to chime in and add to the feeding frenzy. You claim that you don’t hate me, but your actions say otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
What, exactly is a "close call" is it a boat that travels within 149' of your kayak? 120'? 75'? And why aren't/can't these be reported? Again, without proof (radar, laser) that these boats were going 46mph or faster, you seem to make great case for better enforcement of the 150' rule. The speed limit is not going to solve this.
Ryan, I’m been through this many, many, many times on this forum. You and others should really go back and read my posts, rather than just keep asking me the very same questions over and over again.

I’ve stated more than once that my sea kayak is nearly 16 feet long, so when a powerboat gets within 3 or 4 of my kayak lengths from me, they are much closer than 150 feet. Being less than a second away from a likely fatal collision is what I consider to be a close call.

Close calls can be reported – but, as far as I know, no one actually keeps track of them. Have you ever seen a published report that gives the number of close calls on NH lakes?

How do you enforce a violation that wasn’t intentional? Sure, the MP can cite they operator, but how does that prevent an unintentional violation from happening again. And that’s not going to do the paddler any good, after a powerboat collides with them.

Again, I’ve stated this over and over – so, either you guys are not getting this, or you’re just choosing to ignore what I post. It is my belief that unintentional violations happen because the operator is traveling beyond his abilities to see smaller boats in time, so if he is forced to slow down, he will be traveling at speeds that are now closer to his abilities. Plus when you are going slower, you have more time to react. That is a fact. Therefore the speed limit should greatly reduce the number of unintentional 150 foot violations.

Quote:
. . .maybe a kayak flag would make a sensible addition to your equipment?
I’ve already explained over and over why this is not a helpful suggestion. Go HERE and read for yourself, if you somehow missed my numerous posts of this.

I’ve been 100% truthful in my accounts of close calls on the lake. The main reason that I’m supporting enacting a speed limit on the lake is based of my own personal experiences on the lake. And I’m not the only person who has recounted numerous close calls from high-speed powerboats while paddling.