View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #23
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Dinner was delicious!!!! We were a group of six who were going to the HS play following dinner, so we were there early, 5 PM. We were the first there in the dining room, but by the time we left at 6:30, the restaurant was three quarters full and the bar was crowded with a festive group.

The physical space is very nice, hard to believe it was the Lakeview Inn, which we used to go to frequently seven or eight years ago. Service was very good. However, the ambience is upscale, but the appearance of the servers is not.

We learned that the soup and seafood entrees will change daily. As I said in a previous post, the choices are limited, six starters and six entrees. A salad is included with your entree, no bread is served to th e table, there is an accompaniment for each entree and a choice of five additional ala carte sides at $6.50 each. Of the starters, or group had potato leek soup -$6.50, black mussels and escargot, both $10. All were rated as very good. Four of us had a salmon entree with tomato risotto, $22, all thought it was excellent. Two others had a half herb roasted chicken, $24, served with asparagus and polenta cake. Those who had it said it was very good. We did not have time for dessert and coffee. Desserts are $6 and there are three choices; creme brûlée, white chocolate cake and flour less chocolate cake.

We enjoyed our evening and would go again. However, as I said in a previous thread, the prices are similar to Mise En Place and their menu has so many more wonderful, creative and delicious choices that I prefer it to the Inn if I'm going to be going for a pricey evening out.

We
Barbara:

Thanks for your insightful post. I plan to try the Inn out soon.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote