View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 10:33 AM   #16
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I have been thinking about this a bit since I saw this thread. Lawns are not the only problem that is upsetting the eco system. Although it is what I see people focus in on. As the natural watershed around the lake continues to be developed, these problems will only increase.....As I don't see the development stopping the only why to help curb the damage is going to be through education.

Getting people to understand what contaminates the watershed and what doesn't. As I have talked to people over the years, I have found that many people don't understand the consequences of mundane things they do....The sad part is even after being educated many people just don't care, it is to important to wash their boats, have green grass, take down trees so that they have a sunny yard all day long etc.

Winnipesaukee, is a wonderful fantastic place, that we have all come to love, the problem is all that love, is taking a toll.... And the next generation of lake addicts just doesn't seem to care about the damage their need to have the perfect lakeside home will do to the environment.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news to all the Live Free or Die folks but, while education is helpful and will bring some people to their senses, governmental intervention and the costs that come with it is the only way this issue has a chance of being solved. A majority of folks just aren't going to contribute to a solution. As you point out, far too many people just don't care.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote