View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #24
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
BR,
I have to wonder whether Fay's Speed Limit support may be the true cause of your trouble with them. That is fine, but if it is the case you really should have just been honest about it, said it plainly, and posted this in the "anti-SL" threads. I wonder if what you are really trying to accomplish is to dissuade people from patronizing a speed limit supporting marina (Fay's) and instead push them towards one that opposes the speed limit (Irwins).

Why do you feel the need to drag this thread down the path of the speed limit battle? I think BR's intent was to disclose and discuss service related problems. I don't feel this was a pitch to dissuade patrons because of Fay's speed limit support.

As far as my own input to the TOPIC, I have found the sales department at Fay's to have ZERO follow through after multiple attempts to do business with them. I also have found Merrill to be a miserable SOB to deal with. When I first bought my property on the lake, I wanted to use Fay's as my home base but he was adament about only renting to patrons who bought boats from them. I know two people that same season that did not buy boats from him yet were able to rent slips from him. I tried to do what he wanted, I tried to work with the sales department to buy a boat as I was in the market anyhow and the morons simply would not follow through.

The following year I tried to work with them again, this year he stated that he would rent me a slip but quoted me $20 higher a foot than his normal rate because I was not an existing customer. WTF??? I actually considered paying it but then had another issue with him. We have multiple boats being island dwellers and we dont always use the same boat to go back and forth. I informed him that I had 2 boats and would pay for the footage for the larger boat (a whopping 2 feet at that time) since I may have either one there. He would allow this, and told me that he would kick me out and with no refund if he found any boat other than the one listed on my paperwork. So I went elsewhere and have been much happier since without looking back.

I seem to recall an article a while back where they were quoted as having some sort of system installed to capture/remove any gas spills that leak into the lake from their gas dock. If the bottle of Simple Green sprayed into the water by their gas attendants is what this system is comprised of I would not be surprised. I can't imagine DES would approve of this common occurence.

I have other reasons for not dealing with them for more than gas sales, but nothing that needs to be posted publicly. Definitely not speed limit related.

On a mechanical note, a bellows that is not properly hooked up can sink a boat.