View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #14
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I have seen it is common practice for marinas to take parts out of other boats when a new one is not available. They know that customers want to be back on the water ASAP.

I had a situation 25 years ago when my wife and I were touring Eastern Canada on a new 1983 Yamaha Venture motorcycle. The alternator died @ around 12,000 miles on the odometer. It was in Remouski, Quebec. I found a Yamaha dealer who was closed for "Inventory" that day. He took me in....he didn't speak English but his wife did. They called all over Eastern Canada for the part...on a weekend..to no avail.

The dealer had a local bike in for service with the desirable part and called the owner and asked if he could "borrow" the part. The owner said YES. We were on our way a few hours later. COST..?? NOTHING. The dealer said the Yamaha Warranty would cover it AND the "borrowed" part on the other guys bike would be replaced as well.

When I got home, Yamaha had come up with a FIX for a Design Problem and replaced my alternator again with the NEW Modification. Again..FREE

When I finally sold the motorcycle.....it had 145,000 miles on it. NB

PS: There are some good eggs out there.