View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
NoBozo

I have to concur with YS. I think the great majority of "Boaters" have no clew HOW mechanical stuff works (and why should they?) and they get frustrated and start throwing stuff around.... to see what sticks to the wall. When they start talking to Second Partys...things just get more complicated.... If the second party says the right things, he has a NEW client.

In this case: An example of the frustration is the "Cover" without the "Pole" thingy. Who cares about a stinkin cover? . A stretched cover is not going to have any effect on the solution to an outdrive that is clunking.

Drive lift cylinder bushings that have a 1/4 inch of play...?? That has nothing to do with outdrive "clunking" and IF this description were TRUE...the cylinders WOULD NOT WORK at all.

I have deep sympathy for people who are not technically inclined because in my opinion they are definitely TARGETS for unscrupulous "Technicians". I think Fays is NOT one of these. I have delt with boat dealers/service technicians off and on, over the past 40 years and my experience has been pretty much NEGATIVE. Because of that experience, I do almost ..all my own work. My most recent experience has been with FAYS...and the experience has been...POSITIVE. NB

Last edited by NoBozo; 10-03-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: (SP)