View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
EllyPoinster

Originally posted by Skip
Quote:
At the risk of repeating myself, I have never registered my boat directly with the State. Maybe there is a note or instructions with the decal regarding display periods when they mail it to you? Quite frankly I always register in the community I boat in (Ossipee) so that a substantial portion of the fee stays with the community I play in, vice going to the State's pocket. But that's a whole 'nother story!
About a week after the renewal forms arrived I received a letter from the state Division of Safety Services asking that the forms be returned directly to the Department of Safety in Concord as "an investment in preserving our public waters, ensuring that when you take to the waters it will be a safe and positive experience." It went on to describe what the dedicated funds support - the NH Marine Patrol and its programs.

I had no idea that where you register your boat determines how the money gets distributed. Since I don't use my boats in my home town, I don't think I'll be registering them there anymore.
EllyPoinster is offline   Reply With Quote