View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
Skip

Smile That Ol' Lakegeezer, up to his old tricks!

I think Lake Geezer's post was made while his tongue was firmly implanted in his cheek.....

My response was intended to show, especially when it comes to regulations regarding recreational activities here in New Hampshire, that the applicable laws and administrative rules can become very vague.

And I hope the good folks at NHMP are aware of next year's decal color and that the State they work for is already putting them in the mail for boaters!

Nowhere can I find a definitive phrase or verse that says the particular sticker in question must only be displayed from "January 1 until December 31" of the applicable registration year. The simple insertion of that phrase into the applicable RSA would remove all doubt to LG's question.

And quite frankly, since there are no instructions I can find to the contrary, I can imagine that some of those registering early and still utilizing their boats this season may inadvertently apply the decals, as LG as indicated.

At the risk of repeating myself, I have never registered my boat directly with the State. Maybe there is a note or instructions with the decal regarding display periods when they mail it to you? Quite frankly I always register in the community I boat in (Ossipee) so that a substantial portion of the fee stays with the community I play in, vice going to the State's pocket. But that's a whole 'nother story!

Ah, if life & laws were so simple!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote