Thread: Ropeswings
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 12:19 PM   #45
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
How do you get from the article that the kid was being an idiot/irresponsible? I don't know if he was or not, but nothing in the article implies that he was. What we know from the article is that he was swimming at a popular town-owned swimming hole and someone using a rope swing there struck him.

I think it is pretty clear when I also said doing anything with some sort of inherent risk. Wake boarding, water skiing, swimming are all risky. There is also some risk on a rope swing, if you can't understand the risks involved before doing it you have zero business doing it in my opinion, that is exactly how you get hurt and thats exactly how you ruin it for everyone else regardless of the activity. You for some reason only focused on me calling in reality my self an idiot not even him and saying if i get hurt being an idiot/irresponsible its no ones fault but my own. If I am swimming under a rope swing while people are jumping off of it chances are i am going to get land on. I think they call it gravity? But then again I was raised to take responsibility for your own actions. Something kids these days have no clue about.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote