View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
Bear Right was not a nice place at all. Fast food was served in an oversize, drafty building. We would sometimes stop there to grab something for our kids when they were elementary-school aged, but wait until we got to our destination for something for the adults. This new facility seems much more welcoming, comfortable and attractive. I don't think one can compare the two business models.
Yes and no... your right the business models are not the same...

However Bear right this is a good example of when a business model fails, because developers, and business men, think they have the greatest idea.

This Venture, is just that something that business men and developers have come up with. They can make it look all kinds of impressive on paper, but once they have the project up and running, the results are what tell the true story....

I am just afraid in the end this is not going to be all its cracked up to be... Sure the idea of a nice restaurant at rest area is a great idea... but if the service is not fast enough for travelers ( something none of the Common Man restaurants have ever impressed me with ) then it is going to be lack luster....

If the rest area, was in the middle of no where it might have some appeal... but here in the east when most people can get to there destinations in 2 to 3 hours, stopping for a meal and adding an additional 30 min to 1 hour to the trip is not exactly going to be welcome improvement.

I know some people will disagree with that statement, but remember it is my opinion.