View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #27
Misty Blue

Default You make me proud.

Rick you are a BIG man to admit that possibly you were just a bit over the top at the docks.

AC2717, your wife did GREAT! The use of a "walking fender" rather than body parts to fend off a boat is excellent seamanship. In the CG, if you use your hands to fend off you will loose your qualifications.

Now my 2 cents...

I am in favor of boarding a strangers boat to avert damage. I do not consider it trespassing. If I was walking down the road and saw your kid tangled up in in his swing set I would stomp on your lawn and save the boy from injury.

I spend a lot of time on the docks and if I see a boat that has it's docking line untied I will grab the line and do the best job that I can to save his boat (and others) from damage.

Thinking of AC's wife. I have seen boats that either through poor conditions of lack of skill were placing other boats in danger of damage. When I do, and if I can, I grab a walking fender and do what ever it takes to save a strangers boat from damage and possibly inexperianced people from injury.

Again just my $.02.

ps. If it becomes a choice between smashing a hand or a rub rail, take the rail.

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post: