View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #536
kchadw

I'm originally from N. H. and learned how to fly there many years ago...this wonderful experience of doing cross-country flights throughout New England created many life long memories..Including a few go arounds at Laconia.

Skydiving would be a wonderful idea at Laconia..bringing these new business ideas is great...Now living in Florida during the winter months, and still with an interest in flying, I visit several airports just to spend a Sunday morning watching skydiving. Most all these airports in Fl. are very similar to Laconia with air traffic and being uncontrolled fields ( no tower ).. and very rarely are there problems...I've never heard of any in fact.. Usually its well announced on aviation radio frequencies that there are skydivers in the air.

Sebastian, Fl. Airport is very active with skydivers for example..Right along the east coast and Indian River there are many small planes in the area all the time...and without traffic incident for years...

My wife and I will be returning to beautiful N. H. and Lake Winni for the summer again this year with our motor home and will be visiting the airport on a regular basis to watch and get involved with the activity there...Looking forward to maybe even find a seasonal job in that area....

With my experience as an observer of skydiving on a regular basis in Fl. at this type of airport....I believe this activity to be very safe, and if a person can afford to rent or lease a private jet by the hour for the pleasure of visiting the area, they can easily afford to slow down and take a nice wide approach over the lake while skydivers are in the air..

Go for it folks...looks like your working on dotting all your " i's and crossing all your " t's ". making for a great and welcomed new business to that area. We're already planning to bring our hats and sunglasses along when watching the chutes open and float downward..
kchadw is offline   Reply With Quote