Thread: The Woodshed?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #46
JayDV

Default Succinct and delicious

Well twoplustwo, that was the tastiest mouthful of crow I have ever eaten, and I wasn't even in the discussion.

It was unfortunate that people have bad experiences with any kind of business that exists on offering a service to a client base (wait a minute, that is just about every business!). And, as you pointed out, as others have in different threads here, communication is key. Quick to communicate to friends, families and fellow forum-ers (?) with both positive and negative comments, but how many make the effort to give the verbal/written attaboy to the business representative (server in this case) or management? A tip is a nice reflection, yes but the "word" is the medal of honor that can be worn in their step, attitude and even reflected by management's praise. These can only help to make the clients' next visits that much better. Ad while making client's visits better, the gentle constructive critique or even the aside comment of dissatisfaction is appreciated by management for the 2 reasons twoplustwo stated; to improve your experience and to improve the impression the business presents to the client.

For all of you who continue to do your best, day in/day out, I offer my thanks. I appreciate the honest effort, the eye contact, and the appropriate business attitude. Good jobs!
JayDV is offline   Reply With Quote