View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #43
pcmc

I must say this is tuff to say out loud and send off into cyberspace, but......
We are just approaching 6yrs of owning our place in Suissevale. Right after closing on the house I stayed there alone to do some cleaning. That night while going through stuff to get rid of in the basement, I swore I could hear foot steps walking around upstairs. I went up looked around and found nothing, just kept it to myself.
Fast forward a month or two, I was there with my son who was 4 at the time. He was 'helping' me fix some damaged sheetrock downstairs. After putting him to bed, and he fell asleep, I went back down stairs. Again I heard foot steps walking around upstairs. I went to check on him a few times and he was sound asleep, nothing moved or noticeable.
Our next trip was with the whole family so we played outside all day and my wife would help me at night, after the kids were asleep, she would help spread compound, ect.. We both could hear noise like running around upstairs from one end of the house to the other. No voices, sounds, or movement was noticed. We went upstairs and never heard any sounds. We would go back down stairs and eventually hear the sounds of steps again.
I have looked for mechanical or other possibilities that would create some sort of sound like that and could never find a thing. Off the top of my head, I think we have only heard this at night. When downstairs we are active, and I have not been alone thinking I'm hearing things. We have never noticed movement of anything in the house, only the thumping sounds which sound like they travel around above us on the first floor.....who knows..., just character to the house, we love our time at the lake.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote