View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #57
chasedawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Well since the only reason we have markers it to prevent accidents and if we have a lot of accidents, then by definition the markers are not fine.

I don't know the actual statistics about how many accidents happen compared to other places, I don't live there. But people who do started this thread and indicated that they thought too many happened. They did a good deed to help prevent a few. I applaud their selfless effort.
JRC, DEJ and others... We thank you for your very valuable and helpful comments supporting us or not trying to help boaters we see most every other day alerting them not to damage their lovely boats when they go on the wrong side of the markers.

For many years we have yelled and screamed to the unbeknown boater that they are heading for rocks. We have learned it is not only the boat renters that hit the rocks, but are boat owners who have years experience on our treasured lake.

You know you can only help folks for so long. We want to live a free conscious and move on. Even with our years of years experience on the Great Lakes and Captain on NH waters it is time for some one else to take control and help these poor folks.

So we have decided with all of your constructive and positive comments that it is not worth our anguish any longer. We will let the MP and the local governing body do as they wish to help prevent further very nice and genuine folks and families from hit the rocks.

Tomorrow we will be pulling the markers and leave it as has been for 30 plus years. Unfortunate Cate we tried.

Fair winds and happy sailing!
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote