View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #49
Mee-n-Mac

Wink That's a rare loon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sman View Post
trade the yak in for some binoculars...

the second post mentions something is wrong with this pic, I agree, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right, a leg on top of the kayak, the person is paddling real close to a nest, a nest in the middle of the water, some sort of a line in the pic running at an angle?

Certainly deserves a third look. With the uber special software I have available and previously used to discover the true nature of the "yellow thingee" off the Anchor Marine docks, I think I may have uncovered the truth. You see what we have here is a rare display of karma. Yes the Kowboi Kayaker went out to lasso the poor loon but in a rare instance of karma, he ran across the rarest of loon species.

You see loons are among the older of bird species in general, closer to their dinosaur predecessors than most birds. Thus some species of loon have retained some very unusual dino and reptilian capabilities. We all have heard how deadly the saliva of the Komodo Dragon is and know that various species of snake and reptiles have a poisonous bite. Indeed Jurassic Park (the movie) was entirely correct in showing that some dinos could spit poison. So what we have here is the very rare Spitting Loon 'o' Death. It's not only poisonous but downright acidic in the venom it can project up to 31.4 ft. The mystery of the missing leg is solved .... dissolved away by the vile bile coughed up by this very rare loon !

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 07-23-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Hit enter before done