View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Well like anything mechanics are a dime a dozen, but good mechanics are typically hard to find. That's the reason why I insist on servicing my own stuff, from the cars, boat, sleds, whatever. If you can't or don't want to do that yourself, I'd defiantly get a recommendation because these are expensive toys and parts aren't cheap either. I would suggest a couple things, find a large, active snowmobile club and drop them a request for a recommendation. You can get a list of clubs by general area on www.nhsa.com. I'd also drop a posting on www.hardcoresledder.com where there are very active forums and is a great resource for anything and everything snowmobiling. Some of the folks on there are more knowledgeable than the guys at the dealers. I believe some may be so obsessed with snowmobiling they probably have a clinical problem but hey I've gotten some very good advice from there in troubleshooting various problems with my two machines. I'm sure you can get some suggestions from folks on there as well.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: