View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #199
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith
Secondcurve...
I might be wrong, but I believe they attach huge airbags to the boat, that somehow instantly inflate underwater, and they actually float the boat to the surface. Someone at Paugus Bay Marina told me that is how some construction equipment was recovered from the bottom a few years back.
Rattlesnake Gal...some photos of this process would be great if you have the time. Maybe????
This is my belief as well. I know somewhere I read about bladers being used to move anchors around and place them. As well I have seen nurmous shows about the recovery of ship reck artifacts from the bottom of the ocean and they always seem to use air bladders to bring things up at least partially. I would think the same technique on a larger scale would bring the boat to the surface under good control. the risk associated with trying to use just a crane at such depths I would think would be great, especially from a stability stand point.