View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #150
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Talking Thanks for the bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oche16 View Post
On my old pc, I was able to barely make out the old Inn. It's very small, though unmistakable. Im uncertain of the exact setting. But, looking from Scenic Dr. I believe the Inn sat at the base of the steep Route 11 incline on the outside of the curve (east) and just to the right of the entrance into the Park. Directly on the corner... Is this correct?

Also, Did the photographer take the one and only photo from an earlier post post from Rt11

I've been told the hotel was to the left side of the entrance, across from the present "office building". I've also been told that there are some remains of the foundation of the hotel, but I've not been able to locate any.

The two pictures posted are the only ones I've seen.

Thanks for posting and reviving the thread. Maybe we'll get some more old pictures posted! (hint, hint)

Thanks for the blow up of the old postcard. I spotted the hotel in the picture, your "zoom" view is very helpful.