Thread: The Woodshed
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
When people write something likes this I really have to scratch my head. In the Woodshed's heyday the food was never "outstanding" it was good and it was very consistent. Atmosphere was pleasant and the service was usually good but rarely did I find outstanding.

I have not been back for years and I keep hoping to find a positive review or a negative review that I can believe. For me the reviews go too far overboard on the praise.....I mean if you want to say outstanding for the Lakes region then that might make more sense but outstanding compared to what is my question.
JD:

My guess is that I enjoy more "outstanding" restaurant visits and likely significantly more "outstanding" life experiences, than you. I must admit, often when I am with my family in a quaint restaurant such as the Woodshed enjoying excellent food and attentive service on a warm summer evening, in the heart of the Lakes Region, I am likely to use the superlative "outstanding". Keep working at it and maybe in time you'll learn to enjoy your experiences more. There is always hope for you curmudgeons. Even Scrooge finally got it!

Best,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: