View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
DRH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepersbound View Post
DRH,

Thanks for the picture. It is the first one I've seen this year that shows the Minge-to-Sleepers area. Do you know if the snow cover is slushy and if it is safe to snowshoe to the mid-point of Sleepers - looking out between Treasure and Rattlesnake toward Ship? Have you seen any lights on Sleepers that would indicate the electricity is on? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Welcome to the Forum, Sleepersbound. The only lights we've noticed recently on Sleepers are some that we think are solar-powered on the southwest side. As for ice conditions, we saw some snowmobiles out yesterday between Minge Cove and Sleepers and they did not appear to be having any problem with slush. As for ice safety, I really can't advise you as I haven't heard any reports of ice thickness out there. However, a bobhouse was pulled over to near the black-and-white marker on the southeastern side of Treasure this past weekend and people were out there most of the weekend. There was also an ice fisherman out near the mouth of Minge Cove. If you want to email me through the Forum and give me your email address, I'll be glad to give you any update I get.