Thread: Launch Ramp Fun
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
NoBozo

Default Launch Ramp Fun

I like to go down to the launch ramp to watch the fun. Spring is the best time for this although any time will probably do.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching as a family came down, launched the boat without any mishaps and proceeded to load the boat with all the stuff needed for a day on the water. Some people need more stuff than others.

The engine took awhile to get started but it did finally start and everyone piled in. About five minutes after the engine started the bilge pump came on, on automatic and kept running. I figured they forgot to put the plug in and were oblivious to the pump running, so I got out of my truck and RAN down to the dock to stop them from casting off..which they were already starting to do.

They heeded my warning, but insisted they HAD put the plug in. To get to the point: This was their First trip of the season. Their "Marine Mechanic" had pulled all the hoses off the engine to drain it for the winter and never put them back. I suspect the "Mechanic" never even Finished winterizing the engine at all.

Lessson learned I hope. Always check EVERYTHING in the boat after anyone "Works" on your boat. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post: