Thread: Alton Barge
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111 View Post
Nice call Grant and the video was very interesting thanks Ride & Dive. Do you think I looked myself for a plate on the engine? Noooooooooooo.

My video guy Lea thought it was a "one-lunger" engine that fired something like...every four cycles or so-that video confirms that something is happening every few seconds. Would that be a firing sequence when that thing moves? What is the ignition source? Gasoline?
Got me. I was just looking at the "engine" area of the mixer, and noticed the curved area on the magneto. Thought I saw some shiny stuff under the gunk and ran my finger along it -- and there were the letters. Had to read it over and over to remember the company, as I'd left my dive slate up on the boat. Didn't think to look it up until this morning. (Another "DUH")

Amazing what you can find via Google. And, yes, i saw that video during the search.

I suppose all that sand and till on the barge (where the deck caves in) was part of the cement making process? Otherwise, I don't see how it could've ended up on the deck in that quantity. I want to dive this again -- and bring my bigger light next time.