View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #30
jkjoshuatree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
5 1/2 years old with 100,740 miles on it. I keep my cars for 10 years regardless of whether I can afford a new one but since I'm putting 500+ miles a week on my medium-sized SUV, I'm thinking of breaking the 10-year rule and getting something much more fuel-efficient. Problem is I often have 3 or 4 kids, a dog, several backpacks and sometimes a spouse. Can anyone suggest something with enough room but also fuel-efficient?
3 or 4 kids? Do you lose one evey once in a while? Lol!!

I'm in the same boat. I had a Dodge Ram Quad Cab but with three kids and the recent addition of two puppies I had to go even bigger and get a 2007 Chevy Suburban. It's actually better on gas than my Dodge was. It has a FlexFuel engine that shifts from eight cylinders down to four when the RPM's are low enough. I average 20 mpg on the highway. Not bad.

Plus it has room for all of us (luggage included). Not so sure about ski season though (with four of us snowboarding plus boots and helmets, not sure if we'll be able to fit everything). I guess I could use the roof rack but those things make me nervous. I'm always afraid something will blow off as we're driving down the highway.