View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #52
Winni Luvr

Default Junior's Crush House

While I realize that restaurants/bars have to be cautious, again, discretion can be used when going any further than actually asking for ID. If the bartender was so concerned that the ID was not real, then he should have come over to the table (we were not far from the bar), not have my daughter get up from our table when our food had already been served. Then when she gets to the bar, he is on the other side showing the ID to whoever it was, and left her standing there for a good 2 minutes until I asked the waitress to please have him acknowledge that she was standing there and I went up to be with her.

I'm sorry, the whole thing was handled wrong and I was insulted. I guess there are families who would let there daughter use a fake ID to get drinks when the family goes out for dinner (?? maybe), but I sure don't know of any and I certainly never did!!! And I was the only other person at the table having a drink, my husband and my oldest daughter weren't, so we didn't look like the "Party" family.

Anyway..... I'm letting it go and reflecting on the wonderful vacation I just came home from and looking forward to going back to the Lake next year as I have for the last 45 years or so.
Winni Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote