View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #97
ApS

Cool One Word: Mylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
"...Just because Al Gore is a hypocrite in that regard has no bearing on whether his message is true or not, and unfortunately his message is true (as far as science can determine)...Samiam - I hear you that you feel this is a conspiracy by the US government to take more and more control..."
Just Sunday, a scientist interviewed on FOX-TV said that "Cap & Trade" won't reduce CO2 levels. Worse, we can't be certain that reducing CO2 levels won't create some other, unanticipated global disaster.

While there have been inter-space countermeasures available for decades, none have been suggested so far—only to increase taxes.

The "mylar spider web", placed into geostationary orbit, has the greatest potential to reduce global temperatures, but nobody seems to want it colder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
"...I hear Al Gore is the target of ridicule. I don't have a problem with that..."
Tennessee (the voters who knew Al best) kept Al from being an even bigger spokesperson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
"...Oh this is going to be good, if we can keep it civilized and to the point and our webmaster indulges us..."
The last discussion didn't turn out so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Green View Post
"...That we only use 1% is a sign of our short-sightedness, not that we don't need it...energy demand keeps increasing...wind is not a very good residential resource in NH (though commercial wind is great)..."
"Ridge development" is the worst kind of housing to have upslope from any lake. Windmills around Winnipesaukee's windy ridges would be a far better use of land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
"...Solar and wind together only account for 1% of our power...and our president has said he will double that in the next few years to a whopping 2%.
Think of the local economy and remember that's a "whopping" 100% increase in a burgeoning new technology!

Quote:
"...Wouldn't a reasonable person think that maybe we should explore a clean emission plan for natural gas...I know, how good it feels to have solar panels and windmills, but they won't power a motor vehicle.
For a free charge, just park your all-electric "Windmobile" into the wind!

Quote:
"...nobody replied to my post about the windmills out west killing THOUSANDS of birds. Mostly raptors...anyone care to comment...??
The prey of raptors' includes songbirds: windmills could "even out" mankind's toll on birdlife. A wind farm at The Witches might take out an occasional cormorant—but leave Loons alone.

If no countermeasures were taken, it needn't be a net loss. Birds and other critters respond to sights and sounds: putting a whistle on a blade—or a narrow, highly-reflective, mylar strip—might go a long way to limit birdstrikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...anything that can reduce our energy footprint when it comes to foreign oil..."
...And the future of those "gallon-per-minute" boats?

Quote:
"...GW is a scam...that people should be free to pursue alternative energy for their own use. I am totally in favor of that as long as the government is not shoving it down our throats..."
1) That "shoving" may come from foreign governments. The last two weeks have seen rumored meetings to change to a different currency than the US dollar. (In case you thought "world depression" was in the past, try $5+ per gallon gasoline).

Now is not too early to begin the change from petroleum.

2) Natural gas seems like a "natural" for this country.

It should have been required long ago, that all Government vehicles get the simple conversion from gasoline to natural gas—and do it tomorrow with a signature!

IMHO.