View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #26
pcmc

1. Find where they're coming in and block it, cover the hole.
2. Make sure tree branches aren't hanging near the house giving squirrels a path to your house right above your head.
3. We had a squire in the roof problem last summer, and I noticed when I was in the area of their access hole, they would make all kinds of racket. They were using a saging branch to get to the roof where the hole was. They made their way in through the ridge vent. We replaced our roof for ageing reasons, and I pulled up sections of plywood to find four nests in the rafters made of grasses and WET mosses. I put a hose from the shop vac into every nook and cranny to remove any debrie that was in there...BUT I was told the squirrels were in there since the previous summer, as we had just bought the house and the seller told us they just started getting in, yea right.
4. I was told scented drier sheets will help keep them out, but have no proof of that. Appearently they don't like the smell. This would be an interior attempt by placing them around the cellar or garage, crawl space, attic, ect..
5. As previously mentioned, the sonic noise makers. I use them and still hear an occasional scratch by a mouse but nothing drastic.
Look around the side of the foundation after a lite snow and see if you can find mouse tracks in the snow and follow them, they might lead you to a small crack that they sneak through.
Hope this can help someone, or jog some other ideas,
Peter C.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote