View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #26
FLAG!

Default Unfortunate

I fell very sad for this man's family. I was surprised to see it was a mature man (well, of mature age). generally I figure most of the water crossers are kids. When you are a teenager you really don't think twice about your actions and their consequences. Water crossing as we all know is not difficult and does not require high speed. The world record is over 100 miles on water and believe me he wasn't going 90 mph. I crossed approximately 150 to 200 feet of open water in Meader cove back in my college days. but this was not intentional. I was on smooth ice and there was a dusting of snow on it. I had very little traction to either steer, stop or speed up on. As I approached the expansive blackness ahead of me I simply thought the wind had blown the snow off the ice as it was only a dusting of powder. It was wide open water. I hit it going about 50 mph and crossed it safely, I did however begin to slow down as I approached the opposite side. Don't get me wrong, I nearly wet myself. I was not happy about it, but fortunately I lived to tell the tale. Even more fortunately, so did my girlfriend who was on the sled with me!

FLAG! is offline   Reply With Quote