View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
ApS

Wink Tales of the Aquarium...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
"...He bumps the sides of the bowl when he's hungry and stirs up the aquarium gems late at night just to scare the snot out of me..."
Is it possible he was frightened by some errant flash of light? (Not that I've seen that activity in other species, but Bettas are a very different fish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
"...I think good tank mates would be Zebra Danios (not very colorful but they're hard to kill)..."
A very hardy fish otherwise, but Zebras are "jumpers".

I'd consider some Zebras that have been recently bred to be bio-luminescent!

That choice would allow you to locate any "jumpers" on the floor after dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
"...I sealed [Jerry Batfish'] fate one day when I dropped him as I was cleaning his bowl. He lived for three days and then was belly-up..."
I'd just returned home with a small, all-glass fishbowl containing a newly-purchased Black Angelfish. (Back then, they were expensive, not known for longevity, and not breedable).

In bumping that fishbowl on some corner of the car, the aquarium shattered, sending the Angelfish—along with shards of glass—to the superheated asphalt roadway!

I carried him by hand to his 110-gallon destination: while in transit, I noted that he had turned silver on the roadway side! Three days later, he was all-black again and ready-to-go.

Like most fish kept in large tanks, he lived for many years afterwards: No dummy, he was always the first to the corner of the tank nearest the opening front door upon my arrival home from work!
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote