View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 09:09 AM   #19
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover

For about a year now every time we mention an accident we are told it doesn't have anything to do with speed. A recent FATAL accident at a speed greater than the proposed limit doesn't count because alcohol was involved.
Once again I don't believe what you say.
Every example you use is vague, if you a so sure, be specific. I think you are talking about the Littlefield accident, there is no proof that speed was an issue. There is one THEORY that the collision occurred at 28 mph (?) THIS IS NOT PROOF, it is a theory, impossible to prove, a guess, probably wrong. I would think by this time you would have multiple examples where boat speeds above your speed limit have caused fatalities in NH, you have nothing, not even one or two that you could use in your arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Lover

I really can't believe you people can't see what my comments were.

{snip}

And it was NOT a joke! I don't see anything funny about the life and death situation on the lake, summer AND winter.

SPEED KILLS! Every law enforcement agency in the country (except the NH MP) used that as their slogan!

SPEED KILLS in snowmobiles and in boats.
Once again I DON"T BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!! You slipped up, admit it. I don't for one minute believe that anyone could be so crass, uncaring and low as to joke in a thread about someone who was seriously injured in an accident.

Slogans like SPEED KILLS is all you have to jam a ridiculous speed limit down our throats.

NH SENATORS look through these threads at the statements these people make, look at the counter statements and see what happens when they are challenged. You will see they can't support their arguments and have to resort to calling us stupid, "least intelligent" and so on. Defeat this bill.