View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Arrow Taz, new No Rafting Zones & map correction accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
By the way I looked at a new Bizer chart and they did not state that East Cove and Advent Cove are "No Rafting Zones". Neither did Duncan for that matter. So Bizer is not updated either.
Taz, Bizer is updated. I looked at the corrections pages for the latest editions of both maps at their respective web sites today, July 23rd, 2009:

Bizer's 8th edition corrections page has the following information:
The No-Rafting area in/at/near Advent Cove in Meredith was omitted from publication.
The No-Rafting area in/at/near East Cove on Long Island was omitted from publication.

The Duncan Press Inc 2005 edition corrections page has:
Winnipesaukee 2005 Addition No Rafting Zone added Advent Cove in Meredith E-5 5/28/07 Marine Patrol

The East Cove area NRZ is not mentioned anywhere I can see on the Duncan Press site. Neither NRZ would be on their map as the NRZs were created a few years after Duncan's latest edition - the 2005 map - was printed.

BTW, everyone will have their favorite map to use for navigation around Lake Winnipesaukee - Bizer or Duncan. I carry BOTH on board the Sea Que but I prefer to use the Bizer map. Bizer is also good on cold rainy nights when the family gathers around the map with magnifying glasses looking for little tidbits to amuse ourselves .

Regardless of which one you like best, have at least ONE of them on board when you boat and boat safely.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 07-23-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote